Review : Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

. . 5 comments:
 
Title: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Pages: 341 (Hard Cover)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: Young Adult fantasy/ Science Fiction
Theme: Fantasy/ Post Apocalyptic/ Si-Fi
Release:  January 8th 2013
Author's website:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Methinks: 

“Love is a rebellious bird that nobody can tame.” 

 Not often I enjoy second book more than a first, and last year there were some much anticipated second books were disappointments to me but this one is... OH-My-Rossi is Amazing!!
'Under the Never Sky' the First book was good, I liked it but this is one of the few sequels that truly took me by surprise - in the best possible way. After a success of the first book, Veronica Rossi has grown more confident and it shows in this book.
 “Do you ever miss anything?'
Perry smiled. 'You, all the time.”
Perry and Aria, we immediately find ourselves back with them, things starts to look good but got rocky very soon. Perry is now Blood Lord of the Tides, tides are not forthcoming with accepting a Dwellers (as they say) Aria, Yes Aria , after a much needed convening from Perry decides to go to tides with him, Oh it feels so good to see them together but nothing seems to work out and takes a turn for a rough ride. Perry shoulders are heavy with the responsibilities of the tribe, and it is stopping him from putting his heart out. He is no more brooding cold one with aria anymore and we get to know that he is a deep tortured one :P .
Aria is no more a naive girl has grown into stronger, smarter, understanding, brave and a good fighter. She has been one of my favorite characters. Her relation with Perry is different now, and so wonderful But in this book Roar stole my heart. OH-ROAR, Being the secondary character he has shined as much as Perry, even more if possible. His wit has provided much needed humor to the book and and sometimes dark moods broke my heart. And finally we get to meet Liv, Perry's sister and Roar's love. But again things are complex here as well. Roar and Liv are together but again not together.
 “Come thaw my frozen heart, my little arctic kitten.”
Unable to resist, Aria jumped in and picked up the next line. “No chance, my yeti man, I’d rather be frostbitten.”
“Let me be your snowman. Come live in my igloo.”
“I’d rather freeze to death than hibernate with you.”
(Roar & Aria Duet)
 Boar and Aria has managed to show a platonic relationship, good Job Rossi. I so liked it. There quest was the show stealer. And their Duet... OH-The-duet, It was one of the most hilarious songs I have every read/heard. Thumps up for Rossi for writing such a funny-shunny song. 
“I won't be chased by the sky.” 
Finally we get to know more about aether, one of the mysteries from the previous book. And aether have also grown like everything else in the book (if you know what I mean). 
"Cinder frowned. “Everything I have to say about what?”
“You,” Perry said." 
Though I still don't know much about Cinder’s powers. and Still blue is not explained, guess have to wait for next one to know more about them.

Soren has a very different character from the first one and played a very important part. His humor had added to perry and Aria's relationship. The ending was reached the peak. The book is action-packed.

So much has happened, few broke my heart (*sniff*), few has given hope, OH-so-good things have made me smile...
There was no dragging at any point, just moving from one place to another without staying at one scene for long. The narration from both Perry and Aria jumping from here to there kept it interesting and side stories were fun. This was definitely not a filler book. WOW!!!

  Quotes

  • “He brought a sense of rightness. She felt it every moment she spent with him. Even the wrong ones. Even the painful ones, like now.”  
  • “There was nothing more painful than hurting someone you loved."
  • “A good dream was something you clung to until the last moment before waking.”  

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to start on this one! Wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can check out all the details here: http://knoxdiver.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-nominee-x2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you loved this one!!! I LOVED Under the Never Sky and I'm planning to read its sequel very soon. I'm really glad that the sequel isn't disappointing. Great review and awesome blog. I'm a new follower :D

    Please check out my new blog and follow back. Thank you! ^_^
    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a chance to read the first one yet, but I plan to!

    This review makes me want to read the series even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed both of these books so far and I really enjoyed this one even more then the first book. My favorite character of the series is Roar, he makes me smile every time I get to read about them!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, it's my first visit at this website, and post is truly fruitful for me, keep up posting these articles or reviews. kliknij Tutaj, http://www.catteryfelinepetite.nl/index.php/gastenboek

    ReplyDelete

~ COFFEE @ BOOK WORLD~

Your Travel Guide

I also scribble on:

Make a change
My other blog where I pen down short stories, Poems, articles and Random stuff...

Total Pageviews

Rating System◕‿◕

5 coffee cups- Loved it absolutely.
4 coffee cups- Liked it a lot.
3 coffee cups- Liked it.
2 coffee cups- Okay
(plus, minus).5- You are smart enough to deduce yourself :).
* STARBUCKS coffee cup- In love with it. Abso-freaking-lutely.
DISCLAIMER- If you don't like coffee, change it with your fav. drink.

Blog Archive

Wonderful Followers

Linky Friends

Your precious words

❤ ☞

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ankita has read 7 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Ankita has completed her goal of reading 150 books in 2012!
hide

Memberships

Twitter

Registered at ©

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

Popular Posts

About us

Popular Posts